Venue India Expo Mart , Greater Noida
To recognize and encourage young investigators for their research work and its presentation the Scientific Committee of 42nd UP PEDICON 2021 invites delegates who wish to present their research papers during the annual conference of Academy of Pediatrics , UP State to be held on 19 th January 2022 .
RULES RELATING TO THE SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
CATEGORY : AWARD PAPERS
Research Papers are invited for the awards in the following 2 categories
1.Dr RS Dayal Award Paper In Neonatology
- Dr JR Srivastava Award Paper in General Pediatrics
Instructions for Award Paper Presentations
Only those who are members (or have applied with full details and membership fees) of the UP State Branch of Indian Academy of Pediatrics at the time of submission of papers and till the final presentation and are not in subscription arrears are entitled to compete for the awards.
- The main author for the awards should not be above the age of 40 years (Forty) at the time of submission of papers.
- The presenting author should be listed as first author in the abstract as well as full paper.
- No member can present more than one paper for the award in one category. Joint-author(s) need not necessarily be Member(s) of the Society.
- The paper submitted for any of the above Awards should be one which should not have been presented earlier in any conference and has not been awarded a prize anywhere else till the time of final presentation.
- Papers already published in scientific journals by the time of presentation will also not be considered.
- The papers should be one relating to original work done in Uttar Pradesh within last 5 years.
- Four copies of FULL papers neatly typed (double spacing) on A4 size paper word document complete in every respect, together with abstract of not more than 300 words, indicating the name of the award for which it is submitted at the top of the paper as the case may be, should be submitted to the Hony Secretary on or before the last date notified from time to time. You should periodically check websites of UP IAP upiap.org
- The FULL Award paper should not be more than 2500 words of text (excluding Title page, Abstract, References, Tables, and Figures), and may include up to 4 tables and 2 figures. It should be presented and formatted in the style recommended for Research Papers of “INDIAN PEDIATRICS” You should check Instructions for Authors at www.indianpediatrics.net before preparing and submitting your paper for consideration of Award.
- Identity of the authors or place or work should not be disclosed in the Full Paper. These details should be only mentioned on the Title Page (usually the first page of the paper) and in the declaration form to be attached with the submission/covering letter.
- For the Year 2021, the last date of acceptance of papers is 25th December 2021.
- The paper submitted for the Awards will be judged by a panel of four judges nominated by the OB of AOP UP
- The paper selected for Award will be presented at the joint award session of the Annual UP PEDICON and 10 minutes will be given to each presenter
- The judges reserve the right to disallow the presentation of award paper if any technical lapse in the concerned paper is brought to their notice at any time before presentation.
- The decision of the panel of judges will be final and binding on all concerned.
- In case the Award is given to a paper where there is more than one author, the principal investigator (the main author) will be awarded the gold medal and a certificate of merit, while each of the joint authors will be awarded a certificate of merit.
- A member who has once won the gold medal in a particular category of award, shall not be eligible for that award in that category, a second time although such a member can be a co-author of a paper for that particular category of award.
- The research work on which the paper for award is presented must be the original and direct work undertaken by the main author (principal investigator).
- Paper submitted for the award should be accompanied by a certificate (signed original document) in the following format.
FORM OF CERTIFICATE (This form has to be completed in all aspects or else paper will be disqualified)
NAME OF THE AWARD: Principal Investigator: IAP’s Membership No.: Subscription Paid/Due:
Title of the paper Name of the main author with degrees (Principal Investigator) Name of the Author(s) Date of Birth 1) 2) 3) 4)
I, hereby certify that I have read the award rules and that the facts stated above are true and the above mentioned paper has not won an award before elsewhere and that the paper relates to original work done by me in India. I also certify that I have not submitted this work for any other category of award than mentioned above, and that this research paper has not yet been published in any scientific journal.
Name of the Author(s) Signature of Author(s) 1) 2) 3) 4)
I, the undersigned, hereby certify that I have read the award rules and gone through the above mentioned paper and further certify that the said paper relates to the original work done by Dr. at our institution.
Signature of the Head of the Department with Seal
Paper Category: Free Oral Papers
The mode of presentation of free papers (Oral/ Poster) will be decided by the scrutinizing committee from amongst the abstracts received and authors will be informed accordingly. The papers not taken for `Oral’ will be taken for `Poster’. Presentations meant only for poster may be marked as POSTER ONLY .
Instructions for Abstract Submission
- Abstracts can be submitted via email ID email@example.com as an attached word document.
2.The deadline for sending in abstracts is 25th December 2021
- The text of the `Abstract’ should not contain more than 250 words. It should be structured in the following manner
- a) Introduction
(b) Aims & Objectives
(c) Material & Methods (including statistical methods where relevant)
- The main presenter or the first author should be a member of AOP UP and membership number should be quoted.
- Presenting author should either be registered for National Conference PEDICON 2022 or separately register for UP PEDICON 2021 ( if not registered for national conference )
- The abstract should be accompanied by certificate from head of the department .
Instructions for abstract submission are the same as for free paper presentation. Other instructions pertaining to poster presentation are detailed below.
- Poster must be submitted in PDF format. It is recommended to make your poster in PowerPoint (Landscape or Portrait). Make sure that you do not exceed the limit of 3 PPT slides for your E-Poster.
- The top of the Poster should display, in the lettering of 18 Bold (Times New Roman), the following information: Title of your Paper, Name(s) of the Author(s) and Affiliation(s)
- Poster ID should be put on the top right corner of the poster.
- Kindly use both UPPER and lower case letters for general content, as all-capital text is difficult to read. It is recommended to use 14 Times New Roman font style for the content of the poster
- Make sure there is enough contrast between the colour of the text and the poster’s background
- Text and presentation should be in ENGLISH only.
- The specific sections such as the background, methods, results, and conclusions should be easy to locate in the poster.
- The text should be easy to read and concise. The poster should have a clear message, a logical layout and be easy to comprehend.
- Avoid the use of full sentences and rather use short text in bullet point format.
- Avoid using watermarks that may detract from the readability of your poster.
- Colourful charts and graphs are the easiest to read. Explanatory illustrations should be used instead of text whenever possible.
- Use only static images and do not embed any videos or animation in your poster.
- Try to utilize the space on your poster as creatively as you can to attract the audience and make sure that the images are easy to understand.
- Judging will be based on scientific merit, visual presentation and the potential significance of the clinical research
Notification of selection of Papers/ Posters
The Scientific Committee will review abstracts and notification of acceptance / rejection will be sent to the first authors indicated in the papers, by 1 st week of January,2022. Please contact the AOP UP conference office if you do not hear by this time.
Authors who have been notified that their abstract is accepted for oral or poster presentation will please note that they ought to register for UP PEDICON 2021. The presenters who have already registered for national conference 2022 will NOT require separate registration for UP PEDICON.
Registration fees for UP PEDICON Rs 1500/-
All abstracts should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries can be addressed to email@example.com
Organising Committee of UP PEDICON 2021 wishes you all the very best!
Dr Alka Agrawal Dr Shalabh Kumar Dr Ajay Shrivastava
President AOP UP(2022) President AOP UP (2021) Hony Secretary AOP UP